If you’re like me, you’d like to have a warm cup of coffee in the morning in the winter months. But at some point in time, while you’re toiling away at work or just life in general, the coffee starts to get cold. Microwaving coffee is generally not recommended to make the cup of joe warm again. Reboiling the coffee over the stove seems silly and could potentially change the taste. What can you do to keep your coffee warm? The answer is simple: you can invest in a smart coffee mug.
What is a smart coffee mug?
A smart coffee mug is designed to keep drinks hot. Your smartphone can control the temperature in between 120°F to 145°F to keep your drink warm. Some smart coffee mugs provide a charging coaster, which extends the battery life. These cups are often safe to hand wash as well, that is, if you’re concerned about these smart mugs’ battery components.
Which smart coffee mug would you recommend?
- Ember’s Smart Mug 2 has 1.5 hours of battery life on a single charge. Its’ redesigned charging coaster provides all-day battery life.
- This smart coffee mug’s temperature control setting oscillates between 120°F – 145°F.
- Their smartphone app (available on iOS and Android) lets you set the temperature, customize presets and receive notifications about your mug.
- Ember wakes up on its own when hot liquid is poured in. The cup enters sleep mode when not in use.
- The LED light at the base of the mug will let you know when your drink is heating up or cooling off, when it is ready to drink and when your battery needs to be charged. You can also personalize your mug by changing the LED to your favorite color.
- Ember’s smart coffee mug has a 1-year promise and 30-day return policy.
P.S. Need to get a boost of caffeine in the morning? Read this and find out which coffee bean is the best for your caffeination fix.