Need a strong cup of coffee to start your morning? I feel it. Sometimes I need a cup of drip coffee to start my day. Want to brew your own? Find out which are the best drip coffee makers to buy to make the perfect cup.
Drip coffee may seem like a slow, inching race to make a strong cup of joe. However, it can also be super seamless if you have the right drip coffee maker.
If you’re wondering how this works, it’s pretty simple. Simply add in your coffee grounds to the filter, pour in water, and program the drip coffee maker the night before to make the perfect brew. It’s honestly really that simple to make a cup of drip coffee to jumpstart your day.
Below are just some of my favorite drip coffee makers that I’ve tried (owned and well, not because I don’t have that much lying around at home). With my limited ability to purchase that many drip coffee makers, if you’ve found one that you really like – let me know on the comments down below!
- Glass Carafe: The 14-cup glass carafe can serve up to, well, 14 cups of coffee. Its large capacity and thick glass makes this one of the best drip coffee makers out there.
- Reusable filter: One thing that I really like about new coffee makers is that they have reusable coffee filters, which makes it environmentally friendly. It’s also super easy to clean the filter too.
- Easy to program: The Cuisinart DCC-3200 has 24 hour programming capability. What this means is that you can set up the coffeemaker a day or night before to make slow drip coffee. If you’re not a morning person, you can set this up the night before so you don’t have to scramble to make coffee in the morning.
- Strength control: Want your coffee light or strong? This Cuisinart coffee maker version allows you to perform strength control of your coffee. One of my favorite features when I want a really strong day or just a regular cup of coffee.
- Design: What I really appreciate about this Cuisinart coffee maker is that it keeps up with the times. There are 9 different designs to choose from if you don’t want a silver/black stainless steel combo.
- Multifunctional: With the Hamilton Beach 4490A, you have two ways to brew your coffee – either with a single cup or with the glass carafe. I really appreciate the fact that you are able to brew for the purposes of on-the-go or for those days that you want to enjoy a cup at home.
- Programmable: Again, this Hamilton Beach model is also programmable to make a carafe of coffee 24 hours in advance.
- Strength adjustable: Again, bold or regular? That’s totally up to you. The drip coffee maker is programmable to your desired coffee strength.
- Easy-to-take-out coffee filter: A mesh filter is included with the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer. Just remember that more coffee grinds doesn’t entail a better quality. Use slightly less coffee grinds to avoid an overflow and weaker-tasting coffee.
- Firstly, I have to say that the Technivorm is a thing of beauty. It’s expensive, but if you have the money to buy it – I really think that this drip coffee maker is worth the investment for serious coffee drinkers.
- Automatic brew basket: Technivorm’s automatic brew-basket allows you to pull the carafe away and pour a cup without dripping from the brew basket.
- Even saturation of coffee: The 9-hole outlet arm pulses water at 196°-205°F over your coffee (which is insane). What does this do? This helps create an extraction to ensure an even, smooth flavorful cup of coffee.
- Never burnt coffee: Technivorm’s coffee brewer has two switches. The one on the right controls the hot plate, which allows you to place it at 185°F or 175°F for 100 minutes without burning your coffee. The one on the left controls the power, and will turn off automatically after 100 minutes.
- Warranty: Technivorm’s products come with a 5 year warranty. So, if something happens with the glass on its own or if it breaks down, you’ll never have to worry.
- Design: You have 20 different designs to choose from with the Technivorm. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
- Controlled brew: OXO On Barista’s Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker uses a microprocessor-controlled brew cycle which replicates the pour-over method. As a result, OXO On Barista Brain produces 2-9 cups of grade-A perfect cup of joe.
- SCA-Certified: OXO is speciality coffee association certified. SCA-certification gives it legitimacy to providing a quality brew.
- Perfect temperature: OXO On Barista heats the water to 197-204.8 degrees Fahrenheit, which brings it to the perfect temperature for coffee.
- Programmable: Set the drip coffee 24 hours ahead of time, so you can sleep in a bit more.
- Even distribution of water: OXO On Barista uses a rainmaker shower head, giving it an even distribution of water over the coffee grounds for uniform saturation and extracts the full flavor profile of the coffee.
- Keeping flavor from within: The carafe lid seals in the fresh flavor by minimizing air exposure. Additionally, the anti-drip system allows you pour with precision.
- Compact: Braun’s Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker is small is size, but big in flavor profile. The size is perfect for placing in a small apartment or studio.
- Strength adjuster: Regular or bold coffee, that’s up to you. You can adjust the strength of the coffee with Braun’s Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker
- Programmable: You can set your drip coffee 24 hours in advance with Braun.
- Keep your coffee warm: There are 3 adjustment settings available to keep your coffee warm. From low, medium and high, if you need it just a bit warmed up or very hot, you can adjust the settings to your desired temperature.